It is any manner of physical contact, which has no compliance involved. Sexual abuse involves rape, sexual assault, or non-consensual sex. Perpetrators of sexual abuse may include anyone, even priests and clergy members.
Many of the victims have grown up, but the trauma and bad memories still torment them. The innocence that was lost can never be recovered.
However, victims can seek justice for their perpetrators, and many victims can demand financial compensation for their suffering and mental suffering. A sexual assault attorney can help you seek justice if you have been sexually harassed by a priest or chaplain. To get the best sexual abuse lawyers, you can also navigate kivlaw.ca/sexual-assault-lawyer/.
How do you know if you have a potential claim or not? Here are some forms of sexual violence:
- Forcing you to have vaginal (or anal) sex
- Forcing you to have oral sex (or sex with you)
- Stroking or touching your genitals (or being forced, even coaxed to touch them)
- Receive pornographic or famous photos about you
- Show your genitals in front of you (or let them show yours)
- Allows you to view pornographic material
Children and youth are vulnerable to sexual abuse by adults they trust and those they believe have power over them. In this way, the losses suffered by them as victims of violence will often be borne for life.
Sexual assault cases are very sensitive and should be handled with care. Victims are often afraid to come out and talk. For this reason, it is important to find a sexual assault attorney who respects their clients and their very important privacy.