Laminate countertops are made of laminate plastic that are adhered to the substances made of plastic, plywood, and plastic. You will virtually find laminate countertops everywhere, such as in restaurants, kitchen, bathrooms, and even in bowling alleys.
Selecting a Laminate
As laminates are available in a variety of designs and colors, you should have proper idea as of which laminate will be best for your area. There are several online sources from where you can find quality laminates and get to know regarding price.
You can also look for the best laminate sheet price via an online source. Do not prefer a dark colored laminate as on these the scratches are easily visible.
Image source: Google
If you want to have a dark color, prefer the design on the laminate countertops that makes the scratches almost invisible. Always finalize after you test them in the area where you want it.
For this, you can bring chips of the laminate designs you shortlisted and select the best one that suits your area. Also, select a matte finish compared to glossy finish as the matte being coarse surface hide wears and scratches better.
For selecting edges, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Avoid buying edges with sharp corners as your toddler may bump his head on it.
- Wood edges look better but they are most prone to moisture and wear.
- Bevel edges are those which go in contrast with your laminate. If you are opting for bevel edges, make sure it goes well with your laminate and the area.
Advantages of Laminate
- It is easy to clean. You can easily clean the laminate with mild soap and water.
- It is strain resistant. Even it is resistant to abrasions and moisture.
- It is handy and easy to paste on the substrate.