To stay updated with the latest roads, streets, shops, buildings, and recently opened restaurants in your area, you simply need to update the Garmin Nuvi GPS maps. There are two ways to download and install the latest maps on your Garmin device.
We will discuss the steps to update the Garmin Nuvi maps using ‘My Garmin’ account, so if you are using Garmin Nuvi, then you can follow below-mentioned steps to update your Garmin Nuvi device without much of an issue.
- Go to https Garmin com and login to the account.
- Enter the login credentials in the given field and press ‘Enter’.
- Now, connect the Garmin Nuvi device to the computer or laptop.
- From the ‘Garmin account’, click on ‘Add a device’ and select the ‘Nuvi’ from the list.
- Enter the model number and the serial number of your Garmin Nuvi device.
- Read on-screen instructions to register Garmin Nuvi.
- You will find the ‘Order now’ option to purchase the latest maps.
- If you want free updates, you need to click on download free maps updates.
- Click to save the maps in your computer using the ‘Save GPS maps file’ option.
- Finally, replace the existing file in the Garmin device with the new file using Garmin software.
- You need to install the latest file in the GPS device using the USB cable.
- Try launching the new maps online from the device.
After updating the maps, all the latest routes, roads, streets, and shops will be added to the list and you will see nearby sight-seeing on your map. If you want to perform an update for your Garmin Nuvi software, then you can do this from the Garmin Express itself. There is no need to connect the Nuvi device to the internet for this purpose. If you need any further help or assistance in this regard, you can contact the Garmin Experts available round the clock at your service. Just keep in mind that the device needs to be up-to-date for you to take any benefit from it.